Hey all, check out the new forums site we have setup over at https://arpsa.org, it’s a fun place to talk tech and more, and it’s completely free. So come on over and enjoy some dialog!
I could try to ad-lib this, but the article says it much better than I could, so here goes:
LinkedIn censors US journalist on behalf of the Chinese Communist Party over ‘prohibited’ content, offers to ‘help’ her make her profile CCP-approved
“U.S. company LinkedIn now works as a censor on behalf of the Chinese Communist Party, blocking my Axios colleague’s profile because of her critical reporting on the CCP,” Axios reporter Jonathan Swan tweeted this week. With the tweet, Swan hoped to raise awareness about the alarming censorship activity going on at LinkedIn, a popular business networking platform owned by Microsoft, in specific reference to colleague his Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian.
Read the full article here: https://www.theblaze.com/news/linkedin-censors-us-journalist-covering-china
So, recently I was setting up a new rack of effects for processing vocals, and when I turned on my ALESIS Quadraverb … it was not working. Just a blank screen though the backlight was lit. What’s the point you ask?? I’m glad you asked that! In the process of troubleshooting my unit, I found a long list of reset procedures for lots of ALESIS products. So, I thought I’d post that list here for anyone that may need it. Plus, it’ll help make sure that this information doesn’t disappear by having it on another site. Here is the list:
- ADAT – Power up while holding PLAY and RECORD. “Drum on” Hrs will not be reset
- ADAT-XT – Power up while holding PLAY and RECORD. “Drum on” Hrs will not be reset
- BRC – Power up while holding PLAY and RECORD
- AI-2 – Power up while holding STORE. (Adat tape header information will also be cleared)
- D4 – Power up while holding OUTPUT and VOICE.
- DM5 – Power up while holding OUTPUT and VOICE
- HR-16 – Power up while holding ERASE, DELETE, and RECORD
- HR-16B – Power up while holding ERASE, DELETE, and RECORD
- Midiverb III – Power up while holding INT PROG and STORE
- M3 – Power up while holding BYPASS and PROG
- Midiverb 4 – Power up while holding PROG and D
- MMT-8 – Power up while holding ERASE, PAGE A and PAGE
- QS6 Keyboard – Power up While holding number ZERO and THREE buttons
- Quadrasynth – Power up while holding DATA buttons 1 and 4. Note that this only clears the edit Keyboards buffer. Currently there is no hard reset/re-initialization routine available.
- Quadraverb – Power up while holding BYPASS and PROGRAM
- Quadraverb GT – Power up while holding BYPASS and PROGRAM
- Quadraverb 2 – Power up while holding PROGRAM and COMPARE. This is a soft reset (sets global to default, clears edit buffer but leaves user memory intact). Power up while holding PROGRAM, COMPARE and >BLOCK. This is a hard reset(set all functions to default and clears user memory).
- S4/S8 Sound – Power up while holding DATA buttons 1 and 4. Note that this only clears the edit Modules buffer. Currently there is no hard reset/re-initialization routine available.
- SR-16 – Power up while holding ERASE and PLAY
- X2 Console – Power up while holding ALT, ERASE FWD, and DEC. This is a soft reset Factory mute parameters will be loaded into memory. Currently there is no user hard reset or Re-initialize routine available
This list was originally found on Sweetwater’s website, their page is here. If you have never bought anything from Sweetwater and you want or need music gear, those guys are amazing to work with. Their support after the sale is second to none in my humble opinion. I hope this list helps anyone that may need it!!!
There is a new vulnerability out there in OpenSSL called The Heartbleed Bug, and it’s a doozy. Imagine someone compromising your network, or SSL protected website or service, stealing your private and thought secure information – all without leaving a trace that they had even been there! This is one vulnerability that is really bad, and if you have any systems that might be affected you should start updating them right away! Read more about The Heartbleed Bug here.
Just in case you need to know your Internet facing IP address, I have setup a new page just for the purpose of showing you that information and more, right down to your longitude and latitude just in case any of you are hiding some ICBM’s in your backyard and want to reach out and touch someone! So check it out, go to http://yerip.com and see what it has to say about you, and before you say it, I know this has already been done. There are other sights on the net that show you what your IP address is, but I wanted one that wasn’t going to display ads or have any ulterior motives, just quickly and cleanly providing a good service!
Are you working on a website? Do you want to do all of the creating and coding of the ‘favicon’ stuff by hand? Heck no, it’s a pain in the rear! No doubt you can do it but it takes a long time and it gets old after you do it a few bazillion times, right? So what’s a poor web developer to do? Well, check out this site: Faviconit.com! Upload one image, and press a button. Their site turns that not only into the regular favicon you need, but all of the variants for other systems, mobile, different browsers and more. Plus, you get the code that makes it all work too. Upload your image, hit the button, and you get a zip file with all of your goodies in it. Now, how much does this cost I hear you asking. Yet another great thing about this site, it is completely free!! So go check it out and off load some of your website setup work for a change! Enjoy!!
Post Link: http://faviconit.com